One of the most effective ways to drive repeat purchases is to offer store credit options. However, in the hustle and bustle of online shopping, it’s all too easy for customers to forget about these credits, resulting in missed opportunities for both parties. Hence, store credit email reminders come in essential.
To ensure that your customers fully utilize their store credits, it’s crucial to implement a well-thought-out system for sending store credit email reminders. Thankfully, with the right tools at your disposal, setting up this system in WooCommerce is easy!
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of sending automated email reminders for your WooCommerce store credits. We’ll also delve into the importance of gently reminding your customers through thoughtfully crafted email notifications. So, let’s dive in!
Why Sending Store Credit Email Reminders Is Important
In this bustling digital landscape, where inboxes overflow and time slips away, sending store credit email reminders has become a lifeline for businesses that genuinely care about their customers.
These reminders serve as friendly nudges, ensuring that your customers never miss out on the rewards and benefits they reap from shopping with you.
The impact of these reminders goes beyond just a kind gesture. Studies have shown the remarkable effectiveness of automated email campaigns, including reminders:
- According to Experian, such campaigns boast an average open rate of 51.3% and a click-through rate of 7.6%. These higher engagement rates directly translate into increased conversion rates, with businesses reporting a significant 26% uplift in conversions through automated email campaigns.
- Similarly, DMA’s research reveals that automated email campaigns generate an average revenue of $38 for every $1 spent. This showcases the impressive return on investment that can be achieved by implementing automatic workflows.
By setting up these systems, stores can deliver notifications without the need for manual intervention. Obviously, this means that you can save time and focus on important aspects of your operations.
Advantages of store credit email reminders
But the benefits don’t stop there.
The advantages of sending store credit email reminders extend far beyond revenue and productivity. Here are even more reasons why you should consider implementing store credit email reminders:
- Maximizing Customer Value: By sending email reminders, you ensure that customers know their available credits and are motivated to utilize them.
- Retention: Reminders keep your business in the minds of your customers. This fosters a sense of loyalty and encourages repeat purchases.
- Cart Recovery: You have a powerful tool to recover potentially lost sales. This is because your email can remind customers about the items they left behind and the credits they can apply.
- Personalization: Email reminders allow you to tailor your communication to each customer. This makes them feel valued and understood.
- Brand Engagement: Emails serve as touchpoints for ongoing engagement, reinforcing your brand and keeping it top of mind.
By harnessing the power of store credit email reminders, you unlock a multitude of benefits for both your customers and your business. From increased conversions and revenue to improved customer retention and personalized engagement, these reminders will drive success into your store.
How To Send Store Credit Email Reminders In WooCommerce
Now that we’re familiar with the perks of sending store credit reminders, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of setting this up in WooCommerce!
Before we start, it’s important that you have Advanced Coupons installed. This is a premium plugin that extends standard WooCommerce coupon features, store credits, loyalty programs, and more.
In version 3.5.5 and above of the Advanced Coupons Premium, we implemented a new functionality enabling store owners to send email reminders to their customers regarding their remaining store credits. The setting can be found in Coupons > Settings > Store Credits:
Configure store credit email reminder settings
Here, you have the option to configure the timing and frequency of the email reminder sent to customers. By default, the reminder emails are activated and scheduled to be sent every 30 days to users who have been inactive:
The term “inactive” refers to customers who haven’t made any purchases within the past (set) days, which in this instance is 30 days.
Once you’re all set on the frequency, you can go ahead and edit the content of the email, including the subject, preheader, email heading, and body. You can also specify the email type while you’re at it:
Disable the email reminder settings
On the other hand, if you wish to disable email reminders for any reason, you can conveniently do so on the same page. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Woocommerce > Settings > Emails.
- Locate the Advanced Coupons – Store Credits Reminder option.
- Click on the manage button associated with it.
Once managing the email template, untick the “Enable this email” option to disable the store credit reminder feature or keep it enabled and customize it:
Store credit email reminders can serve as gentle prompts to encourage customers to use their credits, leading to increased customer satisfaction and repeat purchases.
In his guide, we discussed the process of setting up and sending store credit email reminders:
We also covered how you can disable the email reminder settings, should you decide to turn this off.
Do you have any questions about sending store credit email reminders? Let us know in the comments!